Saturday, August 21, 2010

Recipe: How to Give a Really Good Gift



This necklace is so far the best present I have ever received from someone who isn’t one of my parents. It was given to me by a close friend who obviously knows me very well, right before he moved to L.A. His mother has a formidable vintage costume jewelry collection, on which I will one day try to post. When I called her up to thank her for her amazing generosity, she told me that in her twenty-odd years of collecting she had never encountered anything else like it. That definitely bodes well. I’m sure several contemporary quotations of this design exist, but you can never quite get back to the sincerity of the vintage original.



I paired this showstopper with neutral pieces, but I would just as happily let it play with a mess of prints and textures.


Vintage men’s shirt from the Covent Garden Rokit, London, Vintage Levi’s from ??, Gifted vintage necklace, Fabindia earrings, Grandmother's Rolex

1 comment:

  1. Your hair looks great in these pics! I went to Ralph Lauren today and bought a huge white blouse. It may be a little too big so I am hoping that it will shrink a bit if I wash it with hot water and then put it in the dryer. Please help me work it when we get back to midd!xx

    ReplyDelete