Thursday, September 30, 2010

Recipe: The Party Dress


I purchased this dress almost a year ago at the much-frequented Oxford Circus Topshop in London. It was my first vintage purchase while in London, and finding it completely changed my outlook on shopping, style, everything! Before I pulled this dress off of the vintage rack in the bottom floor of Topshop, I had never owned anything so daring. I was attracted to the ruffled neckline (I LOVE having ruffles up by my neck!), and as soon as I put it on, I fell head over heels for the way I looked in it. I felt like a different person, from a different time.

It’s not even that wacky by my standards anymore, but when I bought it, I began to see the merit of purchasing more unusual pieces.


My Aztec-man earrings, generously gifted to me by Vintage Underground. I love it when my jewelry has a face.

The changing foliage matches my belt. I love Vermont in autumn…not so much in winter though.

Vintage dress, purchased at Topshop, Oxford Circus, DKNY tights, Stuart Weitzman ankle boots, Thrifted belt, Vintage snake ring, purchased at Vintage Underground, Vintage earrings, gifted from Vintage Underground

1 comment:

  1. Cool Dress, like the ruffles, I was about the say its very vintage but then read it was vintage. Good cool on the brown belt! sorry, don't mean to spam up your comment box, and can't believe your 4'11", good job covering it. Well done.


    Angels Point of View - Street Style Blog

    ReplyDelete